About the Firm
The law firm of Gilat, Bareket & Co. is one of the leading intellectual property firms in Israel, specializing in litigation and legal counseling relating to intellectual property rights including patents, patent term extensions, trademarks, designs, copyrights, trade secrets, plant breeders’ rights as well as litigation and legal counseling in IP-related fields
With years of professional experience, Gilat, Bareket & Co. has been recognized for successfully litigating landmark cases and representing local and international clients. The firm’s areas of expertise include:
- IP strategic counseling.
- Legal counseling relating to all IP rights and IP-related fields (e.g., company law, competition law, internet law, antitrust and property law).
- IP litigation before all judicial bodies in Israel including, the Patents, Designs and Trademarks Office.
- Protection and enforcement of IP rights.
- Due diligence.
- Drafting and negotiating all types of IP-related contracts and transactions such as R&D and license agreements, knowledge acquisition and technology transfer agreements, purchase agreements, investment agreements, non-disclosure agreements, distribution agreements.
- Enforcement services for brand owners to prevent and cease the import and distribution of counterfeits.
Gilat, Bareket & Co. employs 16 attorneys at law, several of whom also hold academic degrees in sciences. The extensive legal knowledge and experience of Gilat, Bareket & Co., as well as the technological and scientific insight, enable the firm to provide effective legal services of high quality, which also consider the optimal protection of client’s assets in light of its business and global strategy.
As part of the Reinhold Cohn Group, the firm works in close cooperation with the patent and trademark attorneys of Reinhold Cohn & Partners, creating a unique and effective platform for maximizing the value of IP assets and securing optimal protection